Breed: German Shepherds
Sex: Female (Bonded pair with Chico)
Birthday: June 25, 2010
Rescued: August 9, 2016
- Not destructive.
- Not much interest in swimming but likes playing fetch.
- Needs leash work as she pulls and swerves, especially when going to unknown places.
- Needs some work on her recall, but does know the other standard training commands.
- Prior to coming into rescue, lived outdoors with Chico. Has since been introduced to indoors and house trained. She is now comfortable with both living scenarios.
- Good with kids, but must be monitored as she tends to jump up a bit when excited.
- Likes getting people attention and is very good with strangers, but also has anxiety with new situations/environment.
- Mildly reactive with dogs on the property. Stems from not ever being socialized with dogs other than Chico and her one litter of pups she had when she was younger.
- Very good with grooming.
- Has a mild habit of chasing vehicles but also has a high prey drive and will hunt small animals.
- Tends to get attached to her environment more than people, but she still enjoys the company of people.
- Experience with large breeds, especially Shepherds, is an asset.
- A fenced yard is a must.
- Best suited to an active family to accommodate their high energy.
- Will require constant management when Chico and Bella are together and play is involved. Chico has a tendency to get jealous and will transfer aggression onto Bella.
- Suited only to a family with no other pets.