Birthday: July 3, 2008
Rescued: May 5, 2010
Re-homed: July 29, 2012
- Very friendly and extremely active.
- Loves attention and enjoys cuddling for long periods of time.
- Loves to run, play and catch.
- Extremely intelligent.
- Easily trained and highly motivated by food, so he learns fast.
- Consistency and reinforcement is a key factor as he can get excitable.
- Without outlets for his energy Dozer will display some obsessive behaviour.
- Good with other dogs but is influenced by their behaviour. Given the opportunity he will play rough.
- No food or toy guarding tendencies.
- Grooming is not a issue, except when it comes time to do his nails.
- Best walked with a Haltie. Has a tendency to pull with a flat collar.
- Bug season is a difficult time for Dozer. He hates that they buzz around him.
- Needs to be part of an active home where he is totally involved in all the activities.
- Needs a family that will keep up with his energy level.
- Older children could help to expel some of his get-up-and-go.
- Fenced yard is a must.